Many eCommerce businesses enjoy a few wins through marketing but then stagnate after a while.
What are we missing? – Is the first question that comes to mind. How can we open up new channels?- Perhaps we should hire an eCommerce expert?
Maybe you are stuck and feel the same too!
So, when starting a business, you should try to optimize existing channels before developing new ones and spending more money on ads.
And… That all starts with adding robust tools and APIs to your website.
In life, it is often the little things that count the most. Now, it includes the conversion rates by enhanced shopping experiences. Many eCommerce professionals overlook the checkout stage, believing that once the customer is there on their website, the sale is their bag.
Somehow, it results in customers abandoning their carts before checking out due to countless factors.
Here, customer address data is one of the several reasons. Consumer shopping patterns are ever-evolving.
As subscription services and mobile acquisitions or purchasing have acquired traction, delivering an unparalleled customer shopping experience. Furthermore, it serves as a critical element of any brand’s value proposition.
Such trends and shopping patterns can decipher into high conversion rates with higher customer lifetime value. And by keeping in mind that your customers come with complex shopping needs. Creating and maintaining consistency using accurate customer data is the key!
Brands must create an outstanding eCommerce experience as customers can be very demanding. For example, complicated checkout web pages may result in abandoned carts, and the customers may stop shopping when there is a delivery delay, regardless of whether they are at fault.
So, So, So……How to prevent it?
Customer Data May Affect Conversion Rates: Getting into the Depths
Online retailers continue to introduce premium features as a way of differentiating themselves in a competitive market (as a result, Amazon and Walmart declared massive infrastructure advancements in the year 2019 to provide single-day shipping to all U.S. customers).
Thus, consumers have become accustomed to online purchases and are now expecting features like free shipping, transparency, and fast shipping. Logistics become more complex with increased competition and tight margins, especially for more undersized retailers trying to compete with the big fellows in the market.
Here, establishing a streamlined checkout process is paramount to creating a seamless customer experience for online retailers. The burden seems can go a little beyond the scope of what can be done on the surface.
Customers can be given a better experience with several solutions, and one of the easiest is to verify their addresses and correct errors with their data.
Removing the Friction With Address Verification API to Enhance Conversion Rates
Data enrichment and correction are much easier with an address verification API. It includes programmatically correcting typos, validating deliverability, and checking customer databases in a streamlined manner.
A bulk address verification software reduces the time spent re-entering addresses, eliminates errors, and automates manual tasks. It also allows you to enhance the quality of your customer-centric data – at scale.
You will learn more about your customer by using address verification software that will also help you differentiate between a residential or commercial address. Such types of software solutions let you:
- Optimizing the Checkout Process: Increase conversion rates by automating the address suggestions and decreasing checkout time.
- Decreasing the Shipping Expenses: Validate the address of each customer to ensure the proper delivery of packages and mail. Remember, postage costs rise if a package gets delayed or undelivered. Also, it may charge you more if it has to be re-delivered. Reduce delivery errors and postage costs by collecting valid addresses.
- Cleanse, Check, and Enhance Customer Data: Integrate a CRM system that normalizes and deduplicates all addresses, automates database maintenance, and more. An address verification API helps you learn more about information related to courier restrictions and delivery rates by programmatically capturing it.
- Standardize & Access The Global Information: Combining global data sets can be daunting because addresses are regionally formatted. The metadata gathered within verified addresses enables you to refer to various locations consistently across the world.
- Reducing the Risk of Fraudulent: The right address verification API is known to accept only legitimate addresses. You can identify fraudulent or related activity before the transaction goes through.
Simplify Your Processes for High Conversion Rates
eCommerce businesses have a reputation for abandonment rates that are among the highest. To overcome this problem, you must implement a smart address validation tool. These tools can help you recognize the address you are looking for based on any part of the address, even if there is a typo, and return accurate results. Additionally, you ensure that you are capturing only precise and up-to-date data, avoiding issues down the road.
Remember, low cart abandonment means high conversion rates!
Level Up Your Conversion Rates
After gathering the data of your customers, likely, they will not leave your website without making a purchase. You can use an on-site message to offer the customers to lock their deals and add them to your email or digital remarketing strategies.
Capturing the correct customer details is also a great way to keep them engaged with a customized recommendation to upsell your products. Using the address verification tool helps you verify whether the details of your customers are correct, providing you with greater efficiency and outreach in every campaign you opt for.
Lastly, making a few tweaks to the checkout or onboarding process not only increases customer satisfaction but also improves conversion rates, and retention rates and lowers downstream expenses.