Pumpkins are decorative blocks that can be used to produce Jack-O-Lanterns. They’re found in Jungles and Woodland Mansions and will spawn naturally there during the Halloween season.
To craft a pumpkin, place four pieces of coal above a crafting table to make a pumpkin. Coal is only mined from stone and requires an iron pickaxe or better to break it.
The other way to get pumpkins is by growing them from seeds in a patch of dirt. This has to be done on the surface, either outside the house or inside if you have access to enough light sources such as torches or glow stone blocks. Seeds for pumpkins can be obtained in villages or by killing Zombies.
The pumpkin must be placed in the same block as the dirt, and when it’s fully grown (after a few in-game days), it will have a whole pumpkin where you can break it open to get seeds. You can use bone meal on pumpkins to grow them faster.
- Four coal above crafting table (right-click)
- Seed Farming
- Surface dirt block with pumpkin block on top, bone meal increases growth rate by ~20% each time
- Pumpkins are used to make Jack-O-Lanterns
- First, craft some glass blocks, then put them around the outside of an already-carved pumpkin. You’ll need three blocks for a regular carved pumpkin and 5 for a Jack-O-Lantern.
- The face on the inside of the pumpkin can be right-clicked to turn it off or on. It will also give off light at night.
To make carvable jack-o-lanterns
- First, carve pumpkins by placing them on top of an empty crafting table.
- Then surround them with four glass blocks.
- Finally, surround that with two more glass blocks on all sides (8 total).
This creates not only illuminated pumpkins but ones that you can carve faces into using your hand’s tool (the same one used to mine dirt), but this time clicking them with it to remove sections. Hold down left click to remove pixels, right-click to place them. This is the “neutral” face. Carving off pieces of it will make it look like this. You can also do both at once.
Once you’re done with your design, break the pumpkin. If you did not use bone meal, there’s a chance that pumpkins overall will grow in the patch where the carved one was, although this takes over two game days and is not guaranteed. Note that if you want to carve another pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern again later, you must plant one using seeds first, breaking existing pumpkins won’t drop seeds anymore.
Carving pumpkins without shear method 2
Have you ever wanted to cut open a pumpkin in Minecraft but don’t want to waste valuable iron, and most importantly, time, on shears. That’s why we are going to learn how to carve out pumpkins without using shears. So, in this section, we will learn how to carve a pumpkin in Minecraft without shears successfully.
Let’s get started. Following are the steps of carving pumpkins without using shears.
Step 1: It would be best if you had some supplies for this project, so let’s start by going to a crafting table and opening our inventory.
Note: “Now, keep in mind, there are many ways to get supplies for this project. You can collect them from your world, or you might be able to trade with someone for them.” You can even craft supplies in your inventory by using a crafting table, or you could cheat and use the /give the command to provide yourself with anything you want. That’s fine, though.
- First, stack three planks on top of the crafting table by right-clicking on them.
- Then press ‘E’ 3 times so that you have three planks in your inventory.
- Now, go back to the crafting table and place all of those planks into the crafting area.
- This opens up your three slots for tools.
- Place a knife of some kind (I used an iron) in one slot and two sticks in another space.
- Now, craft the three planks you have with the knife, two sticks, and put them on top of each other like before by right-clicking them.
- Now you have a stack of 5 sticks.
Step 2: Next, please right-click on the crafting table with your stick in hand to place it into your inventory.
Step 3: Now get back to that crafting table, hold ‘Q,’ then left click on the stick in your inventory. This should take one stick out of your stock and leave you with 4.
Step 4: Now you’ll have four sticks in your right hand.
Note: “Notice how it says ‘4 / 4’ under the picture of the stick? That means that four sticks are remaining and four spaces for more tools to be crafted with.
Step 5: This is important because now press ‘E’ 4 times to get all of those extra tools into your inventory.
Step 6: Now, get back to the crafting table and place your four new sticks on top of each other in the middle slot.
Step 7: Press ‘E’ 2 times so that you have six more spaces for tools in your inventory.
Step 8: Now go ahead and put one stick into each of those slots by right-clicking them while holding a stick in your hand. Now you have a stack of 7 sticks. Now you can see that you need one plank and three glass panes.
Step 9: Now you will use the crafting table just like you used it before but change up the recipe a little bit by replacing one stick with a plank.
Step 10: Now you have two planks in your inventory. Now open up the crafting table again and place both of those planks into it to be crafted together with another stick, just like before. Yet again, press ‘E’ for six more sticks to be added to your inventory.
Step 11: Place all six sticks on top of each other in the middle slot. Now you have a stack of 12 sticks.
Step 12: For this step, place your last plank into the left-hand side wooden slotted item. This will give you a brand new type of tool called a crafting table.
Step 13: Now open up your inventory and place the crafting table into the middle slot, and press ‘E’ 2 times to add even more tools.
Step 14: Now you have four crafting tables! Now in your inventory, place them in two stacks of two.
Step 15: Finally, go back to one of your blocks on the ground and right-click on it with one of your crafting tables. You should now see that you can place a glass pane on top of that block.
Step 16: Now the only thing left to do is collect some pumpkins. By following the steps below:
- First, right-click once on your glass pane with your left hand so that it’s in your inventory.
- Then place the pane back on the ground and right-click again with your right hand to get a pumpkin seed.
- Next, hold shift, and with whatever hand has the seed in it, hold ‘E’ until you have four seeds in your inventory.
- Place all of those seeds in the glass pane on top of your block, which should prevent monsters from spawning.
- Lastly, right-click once with your left hand to place a pumpkin into your inventory. You can now decorate it by right-clicking on it until you have pumpkins. You’re done.
How to Make a Delicious Pumpkin Soup: A Step-by-Step Guide
Pumpkin soup is a perfect way to enjoy the flavor of fall in a warm and comforting way. This recipe will teach you how to make a delicious pumpkin soup in just a few easy steps.
1 medium-sized pumpkin
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium-sized onion
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1-quart chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional toppings: croutons, pumpkin seeds, or sour cream
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
Cut the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds and pulp. Cut the pumpkin into small cubes and place them on a baking sheet.
Drizzle the pumpkin cubes with olive oil and roast them in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
While the pumpkin is roasting, chop the onion and garlic and sauté them in a large pot over medium heat until they are soft.
Add the roasted pumpkin to the pot with the onion and garlic, and then add the cumin, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Use an immersion blender or transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
Add the heavy cream to the soup and stir well—season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve hot with your favorite toppings.