To be eligible for several government welfare benefits offered by the Government of India, an Indian resident must have an Aadhaar card. The document serves as a person’s evidence of address and identity. The Unique Identification Authority of India has created the 12-digit Aadhaar unique identification number (UIDAI).After enrolling for an Aadhaar card at one of the Aadhaar Centers, Banks, or Post Offices, a person can download and print a UIDAI Aadhaar card using the enrollment ID, virtual ID, or Aadhaar number that the UIDAI has supplied. These several procedures can be used to Aadhaar card download once a number has been issued.
Aadhaar Card Download by Aadhaar Number
If you want to download and print e-Aadhaar card online, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official Aadhaar website, select “Download Aadhaar” from the My Aadhaar menu, or click this link: https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/genricDownloadAadhaar.
- Choose “Aadhaar Number” as your selection.
- Now, enter the security code and 12-digit Aadhaar number, then select “Send OTP” to receive the one-time password on your registered mobile number.
- If you want to download Masked Aadhaar, choose the “masked Aadhaar” option.
- Click “Verify And Download” after entering the received OTP.
- You will discover a password-protected PDF of the Aadhaar card in your Downloads folder upon successful verification.
- You must enter an 8-character password in order to open the file. The password will be made up of the capitalised first four letters of your name (as in Aadhaar) and your birth year.
Steps for e Aadhaar Card Download by Name and Date of Birth
In case you do not remember your Aadhaar number or EID, you can still download e Aadhaar by entering your name and date of birth. Follow these steps for Aadhaar card download:\
- Visit Aadhaar website
- Full name, your registered e-mail address or mobile number, and the security code must all be entered.
- Select “Send OTP” from the menu.
- Click the “Verify OTP” button after entering the OTP that was sent to your registered mobile number.
- The Aadhaar number/enrolment ID will be delivered to your registered cellphone number, according to a notification that will show up on the screen.
- Visit the e-Aadhaar page on the official UIDAI website to obtain your Aadhaar enrollment number or Aadhaar number on your mobile device.
- Put in your 12-digit Aadhaar or 28-digit enrollment ID, Security Code, and select “Send OTP.”
- To download Aadhaar, enter the OTP you received on your registered mobile number and select “Verify And Download.”
How to Download e Aadhaar from DigiLocker Account
The UIDAI and DigiLocker worked together to make it possible for cardholders to link their DigiLocker accounts to their Aadhaar numbers. DigiLocker is a cloud-based platform that allows selected registered organisations to provide electronic or e-copies into “digital lockers” assigned to people. It allows for the issue, storage, distribution, and verification of documents and certifications in digital form. To download Aadhaar from your DigiLocker account, follow the instructions below:
- Login to your DigiLocker account
- Click on “Sign In” button and enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Click on ‘Verify’ to get OTP
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile number
- Click ‘Verify OTP’
- ‘Issued Document’ page appears. Download ‘e-Aadhaar’ using ‘Save’ icon