The government has mandated that telecom operators offer the option to link mobile connections with Aadhar using OTP-based verification. However, this service is only available to users who have already registered their mobile number with Aadhaar. If you have multiple mobile numbers and one of them is not linked to Aadhaar, you will need to visit the Idea Store to have it verified. Although link Aadhaar with Idea mobile number is not required, telecom operators encourage users to do so. One of the reasons is that it allows for the identification of fake users who are abusing these services. Whether you have a single Idea mobile number or multiple connections, you can link them all to a single Aadhaar number in under 5 minutes.
The process of linking your Idea mobile number with Aadhaar through OTP is mentioned below:
- Call 14546, the toll-free IVR number.
- Select whether you are an Indian citizen or an NRI and press 1 to agree to the re-verification of your mobile number using Aadhaar.
- Enter your Aadhaar card number and press 1 to confirm.
- Your registered mobile number receives an OTP.
- Allow Idea Mobile to access your name, photo, and DOB from the UIDAI database.
- The IVR system reads out the last four digits of your Idea mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received on your phone if it is correct.
- To complete the reverification process, press 1.
How to Link Aadhaar with Idea Mobile Number Offline
In order to link your Aadhaar with your idea mobile connection, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Visit your local idea centre.
- Provide your idea mobile number as well as your Aadhaar number.
- A 4-digit verification code is sent to your mobile number by an Idea store executive.
- Give the executive this code.
- Now enter your biometric/fingerprint information.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive a confirmation SMS.
- To complete the reverification process, respond with ‘Y.’
How to Link Aadhar with Idea Mobile Number through IVR
Mobile operators are also directed to provide the facility of linking Aadhar with idea mobile number through IVR. Here’s how to do it:
- Call “12345” for Idea’s toll-free number.
- Follow the IVR prompts and select the Aadhaar verification option.
- Now confirm your response by entering your Aadhaar number twice.
- Your Aadhaar number will be associated with your idea mobile number.
- Your idea mobile number will receive a confirmation message.
Biometric verification is a method of verifying a person’s identity by using biometric data such as fingerprints and iris scans. These details have already been entered into the Aadhaar database. An OTP is sent to the phone number associated with the existing idea. Once the OTP is received, it must be shared with the executive, along with the Aadhaar number, who will then record the biometrics. Within a day, UIDAI validates the biometric data and confirms the telecom operator, and the company sends a confirmation message to the subscriber.
Points to Remember
- You do not need to re-verify if you provided your biometric when you activated your mobile connection.
- If you provided Aadhaar while applying for a new connection but did not undergo biometric verification, you must re-verify your number.
- There is no charge for linking Aadhaar with an Idea mobile number.
- Aadhaar must be linked to all active mobile connections.
The process of linking Aadhaar with an Idea number is quick, easy, and free. Aside from the service flexibility that contributes to customer convenience, it is an effective way to control the misuse of Idea SIM cards.