A ration card is a significant official document that grants access to food grains and gasoline that are subsidized by the government. Since its introduction more than 50 years ago, the card has remained popular in India. It not only helps the poor to create a proof of identification in the country and access to the government database, but also offers basic food grains at discounted costs. Three categories are used to categorize it: Antyodaya, BPL (Below Poverty Line), and APL (Above Poverty Line). The financial position of the household determines eligibility. In this article we’ll discuss ways through which we can do Aadhaar card link to ration card.
Ration Card Aadhar Link
Many states allow you to link your Aadhaar card to your ration card online, and the processes are as follows:
- Visit the official website for the PDS portal in your state.
- Please enter the ration card number.
- Please enter the Aadhar card number.
- Your registered mobile phone number should be entered.
- Click the continue/submit button to continue.
- Your registered cellphone number will receive a one-time password (OTP).
- To submit your request for the Aadhar link for your ration card, enter the OTP you received.
Ration Card Aadhar Card Link Offline
You can link your ration card to Aadhaar by going to the neighbourhood PDS or ration store.
You can use Ration Card Aadhar Link to help you in a number of ways, including making it simple to look for ration cards using your Aadhar Card and monitoring the status of your ration card using your Aadhar Card Number.
Follow the instructions listed below to link your Aadhaar and Ration Card offline.
- Visit your neighborhood PDS or Ration Shop.
- Bring duplicates of each family member’s Aadhaar card as well as your Ration Card. Bring along a passport-sized photo of each family member.
- You must also transmit a copy of your bank passbook if your bank account is not linked to your Aadhaar.
- Send a copy of your Aadhaar card and all of these documents to the PDS shop.When you utilise Aadhar for the first time, the salesperson at the ration store can ask for a fingerprint.
Once the papers have been submitted, an SMS message will be sent to your registered cellphone number.When the two papers are correctly connected, you will receive another SMS notice.
What is the Need to Link Aadhar to Ration Card
The government would be able to stop people from obtaining duplicate ration cards by linking the Aadhar card to the ration card. Additionally, persons who are ineligible for rationing because of their income above the rationing standard may be held by the government. This would make sure that the only people who deserve to receive subsidised fuel/food are those who do. All families receive ration cards that they can use to purchase subsidised food and fuel. The ration card serves as proof of identity and residency in addition to documents like a passport and a PAN card.
Benefits of Linking Aadhaar and Ration Card
- It will limit the number of fake Ration Cardholders who collect subsidies that are generally allocated for below-poverty-line (BPL) households.
- Households won’t be allowed to own more than one ration card based on fraudulent information once Aadhaar is linked to a ration card.
- Fraudulent activities can be stopped after Aadhaar is linked to a Ration Card.
- The PDS outlets’ ability to identify actual beneficiaries and streamline payouts as necessary will be helped by the biometric-enabled distribution system.
- Diversion and leakage of PDS rations can also be addressed.
- Aadhaar creates an audit trail in the Public Distribution System, enhancing its effectiveness by identifying and getting rid of dishonest middlemen.