In 2009, MHT Luxury Alloys decided to cash in on the burgeoning global trend of off-roading and thrill-seeking by launching Fuel Wheels, their sales figures have gone on several record-breaking sprees. It is one of the world’s biggest aftermarket rims manufacturers at the moment.
But they are not the only ones enjoying booming sales figures in the wake of a new wave of off-road enthusiasts. This new breed will go to any extent to customize their vehicle to ensure that no terrain can stop them come what may. In turn, newer fans have turned to professional advice on the type of rims that will be almost perfect for their dream adventures. This has certainly bolstered the sales figures of companies like Method Wheels.
Even ESR Wheels are nowadays doubling down on their off-road production capabilities to be abreast with the dynamic market conditions! While ESR is yet to make any significant impact on the market, it just might prove to be that disruptor the niche requires.
Of these, perhaps the one name that stands out is that of Fuel, which came into being just for building off-road rims. Fuel has proven to be consistently successful and financially viable over the years.
If you are looking forward to switching over to a new set of rims only for off-roading, perhaps you can look at Fuel’s latest launches. We just did – at one of our favorite facilities in California called AudioCity USA. They are a very well-known name in the Sunny State and across the country. But more on them a bit later.
What makes Fuel Wheels so good?
Several factors, actually. Here are a few.
- It was one of the few brands to hit the market that focused exclusively on off-road wheels. Over the years, it has bypassed several big names too (Enkei and American Racing being just two of them) in terms of sales and has become a major power player.
- Runs an excellent and innovative R&D center to ensure the technologies used are absolutely bleeding-edge. Even the likes of Method Wheels lack this kind of dedication to the advancement of their craft.
- The company has managed to create an ecosystem of self-and-third-party-owned chain of stores. This has helped them expand their footprint across the United States. And the best part is that it also has one of the most robust supply chains which ensures that your chosen models will always be available in very short spans.
- Unlike ESR Wheels, Fuel has managed to create a sweet spot of affordable pricing and technological sophistication which are unparalleled. This sweet spot ensures it retains its steady stream of loyal clients while also attracting those on the peripheries.
- Finally, Fuel still has a few models which are available at entry-level prices given how advanced they are. This helps even the reluctant customers go for their products. And it is a gamechanger of sorts.
Okay. What about the best Fuel Wheels for 2023?
Here are some ranges you might want to try out.
- The Anza range: The Anza is the magic that happens when a company decides to merge beauty and art and leave it out for suggestions. These are all forged wonders and are available in various sizes, making it one of the most esteemed ranges of high-end Fuel off-road wheels in the US.
The Anza family is crafted out of very high-grade aluminum. That is 6061-T6, which is regarded as one of the most advanced types of alloys and is used in the aviation industry too.
It is being widely stated that Fuel will also use even more advanced aluminum alloys this year. So, fasten your seatbelts!
- The Baja range: With the introduction of the Baja series, Fuel threw a challenge to the likes of Method Wheels and their ilk. The fight was on for the most astonishingly durable rims that could also perform very well on city and suburban roads. As you can imagine, it is named after the iconic endurance racing competition and all Baja models are thoroughbreds for off-road work.
If you own a full-sized SUV and other bigger vehicles designed to overcome the outback, feel free to go for the Baja family. These can be a bit expensive but the models are worth every penny you spend on them.
- The Blitz range: Another extremely well-engineered family of off-road wheels, the Blitz range has only a handful of members at the moment. That is likely going to change as 2023 arrives since Fuel is looking to upgrade the range very soon. The Blitz family has always been known for their catchy designs as much as their durability. It will suit almost any muscle car you own, should you have one, as well.
But the Blitz models are still not as widely available as the other Fuel Wheels. Industry insiders reveal that the company is working on a war-footing to ensure that the situation becomes better sooner and not later.
What was that about AudioCity USA?
Well, it’s a retail outlet in Sante Fe Springs that has been in the business for over 33 years now. They provide you with plenty of financing options (in association with Progressive Leasing) and provide a lowest price guarantee as well. Since the market’s flooded with duplicate Fuel Wheels, it would be better if you bought your set from such an established outlet. They also pass on the bells and whistles unchanged!