Before you go out and buy a new motherboard, you need to make an informed decision on what the best X470 Motherboard for your needs is. The key things that buyers should consider are:
For what purpose do you want to use the X470 motherboard?
- Work PC
- Gaming PC
- Budget rig
- Some specific features like overclocking or multi-GPU support
How much are you willing to spend?
This is an important consideration, especially if you are buying a complete build. Spend more than your budget, and you will likely be disappointed. However, it’s always worth spending just that bit extra for better quality.
The features and specifications that you want
The best X470 Motherboards will have all the features that you need. Look at the specs and check out online reviews for more information.
What features to look for in a new X470 Motherboard?
Motherboard with bifurcation support
With bifurcation, you have the option of adding more lanes to your graphics card. This is important because your system can handle multiple video cards, which means higher performance and better graphics. It’s possible to purchase a cheaper motherboard without this feature. If multi-GPU gaming or mining is part of your plan, be wary of buying anything other than a motherboard that supports bifurcation.
Many x470 motherboards have been designed with multi-graphics card support in mind. These boards will have specific space for multiple graphics cards and the ability to power two or more video cards at once. This is a significant consideration, especially if you plan on adding one or more high-end graphics cards to your build.
Below, you will find the seven best X470 motherboards based on price, brand name, and specifications. Keep in mind that some X470 motherboards might be better suited for overclocking while others are towards the lower end of the market price-wise.
The 7 Best x470 Motherboards
1. ASUS ROG STRIX X470-F GAMING ATX Motherboard
- M.2 Heatsink
- RGB Lighting
- Dual M.2
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & C
- Intel Gaming Lan (ROG Strix X470-F Gaming)
ASUS ROG STRIX X470 is a class above many other motherboards when it comes to aesthetics and design combined with excellent specifications for overclocking your AMD Ryzen processor all in one budget-friendly package.
- Supports AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics Processors for Socket AM4.
- AURA: RGB Lighting Control.
- Lightning Fast Game experience: 1x TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready, Lightning USB 3.1 Gen2.
- 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning and FanXpert 4 automatically tailors overclocking profiles to your unique build for maximum OC performance and dynamic system cooling.
- Industry Leading Ultra Durable PCIe Armor: Improved protection and increased rigidity for enhanced stability when laying your PC flat. Patent Pending SafeSlot prevents damage caused by heavy graphics cards.
- Best gaming networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, 2×2 802.11ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi, ASUS LAN Guard, and GameFirst IV Beta.
- Best gaming audio: SupremeFX S1220A, High-fidelity audio that draws you deeper into the action.
- Best gaming VGA: A dedicated VR-ready HDMI with integrated VR-optimized USB ports.
- 5X Protection III Hardware safeguards to ensure long-term durability
- AURA Lighting Control synchronizes LED lighting with your favorite music or changes color based on gameplay.
- RAM DDR4 Memory compatibility.
- 3 Years warranty as standard for complete peace of mind.
2. GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard (GA-AX470-Gaming)
Gigabyte recently released the GA-AX470-Gaming, which is one of their best-selling budget-friendly X470 motherboards on the market today. Its main feature has three digital temperature sensors, giving you maximum control over your system cooling. The board also sports stylish RGB lighting and looks pretty sleek at a more affordable price than other boards on this list.
3. ASUS PRIME X470-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard
- Crossfire support
- M.2 heatsink
- Aura Sync RGB lighting (90MB0VPN51-M0EAY0)
The Prime x470 series from Asus has been one of the best-selling boards on the market due to its excellent performance and general reliability. The x470 is ideal for those still mining crypto but want to use their rig for other things, such as gaming.
4. MSI X470 GAMING PLUS ATX Motherboard
- USB 3.1 Gen2
- Dual M.2
- RGB Fusion (MS-7A93)
The x470 gaming plus from MSI is a cheaper alternative to the prime x470 and has all of the same features yet doesn’t come with CrossfireX support like some other boards on this list offer. The board has exceptional aesthetics and design and works well for miners and casual gamers who want stability.
5. GIGABYTE AORUS AX370-Gaming
- 8 x USB 3.1
- 10 x USB 2.0
- 1 x M.2(32Gb/s)
- SLI Support ATX AM4 Motherboards for AMD Ryzen Processors
The Gaming 5 is another Gigabyte board on this list that isn’t necessarily the cheapest option but is an excellent choice if you are looking for ultimate stability with your mining rig or using it for other purposes! This Motherboard is specifically designed with gamers in mind and has many of the same features seen in boards on this list that benefit crypto miners, such as USB 3.1 Gen2, Intel Gigabit Ethernet, etc.
6. MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard
- M.2 Shield Frozr
- 2-Way SLI/CFX support for AMD Ryzen processors
- DDR4 Boost (VR Ready) (MS-7A34)
The Gaming Pro Carbon is another x470 board from MSI that offers excellent performance yet remains pretty budget-friendly. The carbon’s main feature is the integrated water cooling system which helps to keep your CPU running cool 24/7.
7. ASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO Wi-Fi,
- AMD X470 Chipset
- Socket AM4 ATX Motherboards with DDR4 3466MHz+ (90MB0XW1-M0EAY0)
The final board on the list comes from Asus and is one of their best-selling Ryzen 2nd generation motherboards currently available! The hero offers excellent performance and does it while remaining quite budget-friendly, as you can see by the low amount asked for this board on Amazon.