If you own a small business or you manage business accounts for a company on Facebook and Instagram, you may find the Facebook Business Suite beneficial.
Here’s how this optimization platform can help you manage your social media marketing tasks more efficiently and easily.
What is the Facebook Business Suite?
The Facebook Business Suite is a type of optimization platform. Most online businesses use this platform to help them manage their Facebook and Instagram accounts from one convenient spot.
Facebook Business Suite is especially popular amongst smaller and medium-sized businesses since this platform helps them reach a wider audience.
The Facebook Business Suite comes with a set of useful tools that help you to:
- Publish and schedule new posts on your Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Reply to both comments and messages on your Instagram, Facebook, and Messenger accounts
- Gain advertising insights
- Generate automated responses for frequently asked questions and common actions
All of this together helps improve the overall experience of managing your business via online social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram.
According to Facebook, the Facebook Business Suite was created as a result of research showing a high interest in this platform by business owners. They were looking for a better and more efficient way to operate their business on Facebook, allowing them to focus on other aspects of running their business.
Why should you use Facebook Business Suite?
If you’re thinking about giving Facebook Business Suite a try, here’s a list of some of the main product features that will tell you all you need to know about how this platform operates. This will help you determine if this platform suits your business needs.
- Grow your audience: This platform will help you boost your posts and reach a wider audience that will engage with your content
- Quick updates at a glance: All of the urgent alerts on Instagram and Facebook that should capture your attention quickly will be flagged via the Business Suite. This helps you manage your accounts and business activity effectively and fairly quickly throughout the day
- Share on Instagram and Facebook: With Facebook Business Suite, you can now easily share your content across both of these social media apps with just a few clicks
- Business-level insights: You can use this platform to explore business insights on your business’s engagement, reach, and performance both on Instagram and Facebook
Who should use Facebook Business Suite?
If you own any type of online business, Facebook Business Suite will give you a detailed insight into how well your content is performing. It will help you manage your business accounts and reach your target audience on social media apps.
The ideal market group for this platform would be small businesses or social media managers primarily focused on professional Instagram and Facebook accounts.
If you’re new to social media marketing, seeking consultation and help from some of the top social media marketing companies in the United Kingdom can help you get started on Facebook Business Suite and other relevant social media platforms.
Facebook Business Suite Features
Now that we’ve covered some of the key features, let’s discuss some of these features in more depth and explain how to access and use them for your business accounts.
Before you start using these features, just make sure you link your professional Instagram and Facebook accounts. This will allow you to get the full benefits of Facebook Business Suite.
Firstly, there’s the home screen. This feature provides you with a snapshot of everything that is going on on your Instagram and Facebook accounts.
You will be able to access some basic insights, recent ads, e list of recent posts, including the engagement metrics, your scheduled posts on a calendar, and a to-do list of your tasks, such as unread messages that need to be replied to.
You can use the home screen to create posts, stories, and ads or boost the already uploaded posts and stories.
If you choose to open up several different Instagram and Facebook business accounts, just make sure to switch them and choose the correct one at the top of the home screen.
Here’s what you need to do to create and schedule your posts,:
- Click Create Post on your home screen
- Choose the placement for your post (Facebook or Instagram or both)
- Insert the content for your post (it can be text, video, or photo) and add an optional location. Facebook also allows you to insert a call to action and a link for a preview. The link preview feature is available for Facebook only and it won’t work on Instagram. Before you upload your post, you can customize the text for both of these social media apps. Facebook also lets you add an activity and/or feeling
- If you want to upload your content immediately, all you need to do is click Publish. However, if you want to schedule your post to be uploaded later, click the down arrow next to the Publish button and then select Schedule Post. After that, simply pick the date and time when your post should be uploaded
If you want to create and schedule your stories, this is the process:
- Go to the home screen and click Create Story
- Select the social media app where you want to post your story. It can be Facebook, Instagram or both
- Select the content (photo or video) for your story and make any additional adjustments you want by using creative tools such as crop, text, stickers, filters, and so on
- Go to Additional Features and add a link if you want to
- To post your story, you just need to click Share Story. If you want to post it later, click the down arrow located right next to the Share Story button and choose Schedule Story. Just like with the posts, you need to select the date and time when the story will be shared
After the post and story have been posted, here’s how you can view and adjust your content:
- Access the calendar view and click Planner in the menu
- You will be able to access your scheduled content by week or month. By using the drop-down menu, you can filter by platform or content type
- Then drag and drop your post and move it to a different date and time. You can also click the three dots icon in the top right corner of the preview and then make changes
To create ads on your accounts, you should:
- Click Promote on the home screen
- Select a goal for your ad
- Create your ad on the following screen. The creatives and information you select will depend on the goal you previously chose
- Once you’re happy with your ad, click Promote Now
Here’s what to do to boost one of your posts:
- Click Boost Post next to one of your existing posts on the home screen
- You will be provided with several options on the screen, then click Boost Post Now
Overall, Facebook Business Suite is a straightforward platform to use. It offers amazing benefits to those who own small businesses or work as social media managers.
Since Facebook and Instagram are connected apps, this platform easily allows you to share content, get relevant insights on both apps, and post, schedule, and edit your content however you like.
Give it a try and monitor the results in the following period to see whether this platform suits your business needs.
Sophie Douglas is a digital marketing specialist and a journalist based in Columbus, state of Ohio.
Her characters are passionate, innovative, and ambitious.
Before becoming a writer for DigitalStrategyOne, she was writing short stories, screenplays, and directing short films.