The Chromebook and the regular laptop aren’t too different in terms of functionality. Chrome users could use this computer model back in 2011 when Google launched it as a browser-based solution.
In the absence of an Internet connection, it was essentially a paperweight. Initially, it was designed only to incorporate Google Operating System, making it little more than a paperweight. Today, Chromebooks offer more efficient ways for those who need them to integrate other operating systems.
However, despite its limitations, Chromebook has generated a considerable following even though some users believe it is better to use Chrome on a Mac or Windows device. Those of you who consider Chromebook to be your primary operating system and work from one frequently are probably wondering if Chrome cast is required for displaying the Chromebook screen on a TV. Even if the TV on your Chromebook is not supported, there are other ways to connect it to the TV. We’ve compiled a comprehensive list of all the options you can choose from.
Reasons to connect your Chromebook to the TV
You probably wonder why you should do that before we explore how to connect Chromebook to TV. Connecting your Chromebook to your TV allows you to accomplish many tasks if you have recently purchased one.
Learn how to connect your Chromebook to television via HDMI or Chrome cast to enjoy these benefits.
· At work
Nowadays, laptops and Chromebook are commonly used in the workplace by people working from home. In this case, either sitting uncomfortably on your seat or staring at an on-screen screen can get quite tiring.
Your TV can control any application you have on your monitor by connecting your Chromebook to your television. Especially for designers and developers, the high resolution allows you to see your work in detail. Most importantly, you won’t have to worry about being inconvenient because you can work while watching TV on your couch.
· The Entertainment industry
In addition to its usefulness for work, connecting your Chromebook to your television is mainly for entertainment. Small laptop screens don’t allow you to play games and watch videos.
Chromebook can easily be connected to TVs for increased experience and more explicit video. It’s as simple as connecting it to your TV to enjoy explicit videos. Whatever you play on your computer will be displayed on your TV if you share the screen. Some several websites and apps have default integration with casting. The content streaming site allows you to choose a television display option to view the live stream.
There are tons of well-known video streaming sites on this list, including YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Pandora, and Google Play Movies.
· For Presentation
Chrome books are also often connected to TVs for presentations. The small Chromebook screen won’t let you show your friends any travel memories, whether you’re presenting in a meeting or just wanting to share some photos.
This will allow you to share content easily among many people all at once by connecting your Chromebook to your TV or monitor. Now that you know how to tie a Chromebook to a TV, you are probably eager to find out how to do it correctly.
Connect your Chromebook to a TV with cable
Chromebooks and other laptops of that kind come with HDMI ports, so you know that. Using the HDMI port on your computer, you can connect it to your television to watch exciting content. You will need to provide an HDMI cable to connect via HDMI. For Chromebooks that are not compatible with HDMI, an adapter with a USB-C port is usually required for connectivity. Chromebooks can be easily connected to TVs using a wired connection. You can complete the process by following these steps:
- Make sure your laptop is connected to the HDMI port. Connect the cord to the adapter and fix the adapter to your Chrome book’s USB C port if it needs one.
- Then connect your HDMI port to your TV with the other end. There might be multiple ports on your TV, including those at the back, sides, and even at the bottom. Before connecting your HDMI cable, consult your television’s user manual if you are unsure which port is an HDMI port.
- Now that your Chromebook is powered up, it’s time to plug in the HDMI cable. Once it is already on, a confirmation pop-up will indicate you have an external device connected.
- Your Chrome book’s content will appear on the right channel when you change your TV input. You can choose HDMI 2 or HDMI 3 as input on your TV, and your laptop screen will display content from the TV.
- Afterward, you have to enable ‘Mirror Internal Imaging’ on your laptop through the settings to ensure all content from your Chromebook is flawlessly streamed to your TV.
To mirror the internal display, choose the arrangements option by scrolling down and clicking the ‘Mirror internal display’ box after launching the settings menu. You can then mirror your Chromebook content, apps, or websites directly to your TV after enabling this setting.
Connect your Chromebook to a TV without cable
Understandably, not everyone likes having to use wires. Your Chromebook can be connected to your TV without an HDMI cable if you use Chrome Cast on the TV. You can connect Chromebook to any TV with Chrome cast and display their screens on them. Chromebook already includes a Chrome cast feature by default. Below are the steps to get started.
- Make sure your television is turned on, and Chrome cast software is installed before you begin connecting. Wireless connections require that your devices be on before using them.
- Select the clock icon below the desktop on your Chromebook. You must select ‘Cast’ from the menu. Choosing a Chromecast device for your Chromebook is the next step. Before installing Chrome cast, make sure you are aware of your TV’s Chrome cast name.
- On your laptop screen, you will see a pop-up option as soon as you choose a device. Click the share button to confirm the action. The Chromebook screen should now appear precisely on your TV.
- The clock icon can be selected again and the top option when you are done casting your screen. This will prevent your Chromebook from displaying on your TV since the Chrome cast connection will be disabled.
Please note that only Chrome Cast-enabled TVs can use this method.
These are the connections you can make between your Chromebook and TV. While setting up a secure connection between two devices is relatively simple, if you fail to follow the right steps, things can go wrong.
Keeping this in mind, you must have suitable devices to stream content from your Chromebook to your TV. Any time you need external devices or Chrome casts, seek the assistance of a professional.